Dead people can have orgasms. 10 things you don't know about orgasms.
Mary Roach’s latest book, Bonk, the Curious Coupling of Science and Sex, offers a humorous and often very personal examination of scientific research, established facts and discredited ideas from the past and the present.
There is much that you would never have imagined, and perhaps would rather never have heard of at all.
Her TED Conference talk was entitled, Ten Things You Didn't Know about Orgasm. Viewer discretion is advised.
- You can have them when you are dead.
- You don't need genitals to have one.
- Orgasms can cure intractable hiccups.
- Orgasms can cause bad breath.
- Doctors used to prescribe them for fertility.
- Pig farmers still do.
- Female animals are having more fun than you think.
- Studying human orgasms in a lab is not easy.
- But it sure is entertaining.
- Observations of in utero fetal masturbation.